Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wow Singapore Model of United Nation

First time I heard the name, I laughed. "What the hell is that?", I asked to myself. Such a weird thing. You pretend to be UN. For me It's just like a kindergarden child that playing a UN model. But on this day, I realized the truth of the "Funny Things" that I laughed on it before.

Before talking about Singapore Model of United Nation, it's better to introduce the Model of United Nation itself. Roughly, Model of United Nation ( or usually abreviated to MUN) is Model of United Nation Conference which is conducted by the University student. The purpose of this activity is promoting the UN and also introducing the procedure's that usually done by the UN to solve such as political, social, and economic problem.

The Model of United Nation is not only "a simulation" of UN Conference but also included a competition. The competition is quite similar to Debating Competition but the difference is you bring a case and protect your own country in the conference. So you, as the representative of certain country, should prepare all of the case before the conference.

And now about Singapore Model of United Nation. Singapore Model of United Nation is a competition of United Nation Model which is organized by NUS Model of United Nation. The competition is included all the things that I have mentioned before. This is the international competition for the University Student but also involving students from JC and Secondary School. The purpose of this competition is not only a competition but also want to introduce the concept of Model of United Nation to JC and Secondary Student.

Overall, After hearing the presentation and joining the committee for the SMU, I'm quite interested to join the NUS Model of United Nation. Maybe if I can manage my career well there, I can be representative in MUN international competition and facing the Harvard and Cambridge student. Hohohohohoho

No comments: